Peter Gill's Virtual Home

My Virtual Home, My Hobbies.

For the Hobbyist. Metal detecting Forum, Videos and Photo Gallery.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > gold metal detector

jimmydetectors

I own gold metal detector and when I went to the beach I always took them there and they can give me some surprises. and I also can take it to the park to or find the metal goods, such as coins and so on. It has also helped find the ring that I lost in the garden,this is really great.

July 30, 2012 at 5:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

John

Im not through all the post yet. But what kind of detector did you buy?

August 26, 2012 at 8:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

danzhang

A lot of people now are hunting for gold metal, in fact the gold metal is really precious and the worthy is high. Some people looking for it because it is precious others hunting for gold metal as a hobby. But in a word, a lot of people now are interested in hunting for this kind of metal.

September 6, 2012 at 11:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Olivier

I actually hunt with the Minelab X-Terra 707 Goldpack with the 10" elliptical coil most of the time. I find that the narrower double D coil is much more manouvreable in grassy areas, thick growth and between rocks than the concentric coils. Pinpointing is slightly more difficult but not a serious problem once you get used to it.

October 18, 2012 at 5:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Peter Gill
Site Owner
Do you lose depth with the smaller coil Olivier?
--

God Bless

Peter

October 18, 2012 at 10:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Olivier

I guess that depends in the frequency you work on. The X-terra 705 is fitted with a 18.75  kHz coil so it's likely that one will loose a bit of depth. The Eureka Gold gives you a choice of  3 frequencies, 6.4 kHz, 20 kHz and 60 kHz with the same size coil. Another advantage of the double D coils is that it gives you better coverage with the "blade"like signal pattern and you don't have to overlap so much as with the mono coil. Very usefull if you need to cover large areas. I have compared the X-Terra 705 fitted with the double D coil to the Minelab F1A4 MIM land mine detector with monocoil and the double D coil actually penetrated about 10cm deeper than the F1A4's mono coil. 

October 26, 2012 at 8:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Peter Gill
Site Owner

Thanks for the answer, sounds like a great detector you have there Olivier....

--

God Bless

Peter

October 27, 2012 at 2:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Karylmatt

metal detectors are very helpful, it can be used to detect the underground metals and even can help you find the metal goods that you lost easily. and when it find the metal it will give you an indication, which is really amazing.

November 6, 2012 at 1:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

John

I finally purchased a used Fisher F75. The smaller coil is very deep. I used to believe a coil is only as deep as it is wide. But not true. I have had a chance to hunt gold nuggets yet. It is mostly used for relics an coins. Where do you guys hunt for gold?

November 9, 2012 at 8:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Chloebilean

Gold detecting really require and effective gold metal detector that actually work for gold nugget, pieces, jewelries etc and also the proficiency to tune the device and setting the sensitivity.

July 8, 2013 at 2:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.